B121B - Keypad Input Switch
B121B Possible Causes
- Faulty Keypad Input Switch
- Keypad Input Switch harness is open or shorted
- Keypad Input Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B121B code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B121B:11 Keypad Input Switch Circuit Short To Ground
What is the cost to diagnose the B121B code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B121B code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B121B MeaningThe keypad feature operates independently of key position status, vehicle speed, or transmission position. When a keypad button is touched, the keypad buttons illuminate to provide better visibility. The keypad is also illuminated any time that the courtesy lighting is on. If the lock all doors command is entered or 5 seconds have elapsed since the last button press, the illumination is turned off. Each vehicle equipped with a keypad is programmed with a 5-digit entry code. This code is provided to the customer through a wallet card in the Owner's Literature. In addition, this code is available through a scan tool and is also printed on the BCM label. When entering codes each digit must be entered within 5 seconds of the previous button press. A DTC that sets when the BCM detects a short to ground on any of the keyless entry keypad input circuits.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B121B code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B121B CHRYSLER Right Heated Seat HI Indicator Control Circuit Open
- B121B DODGE Right Heated Seat HI Indicator Control Circuit Open
- B121B FORD Keypad Input Switch
- B121B JEEP Right Heated Seat HI Indicator Control Circuit Open
- B121B LINCOLN Keypad Input Switch
- B121B MERCURY Keypad Input Switch
- B121B RAM Right Heated Seat HI Indicator Control Circuit Open