B1217 - Rear Right Sensor Fault
B1217 Possible Causes
- Dirty Rear Right Sensor
- Faulty Rear Right Sensor
- Rear Right Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Rear Right Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B1217 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1217 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1217 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1217 MeaningRPAS is a Rear Parking Assistant System. It has a supersonic sensor which radiates supersonic to rear side of the vehicle to detect supersonic reflected from an obstacle. It consist of 4 sensor and calculates distances between vehicle and obstacle if it detects reflected supersonic. BCM receive the signal of calculated distances by LIN communication. It warns being obstacle to drivers through buzzer or displaying on cluster according to distance from obstacle. Warning level is divided into 3 step. (warning level rises progressively according to distance from obstacle)
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1217 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1217 CHRYSLER Left Heated Seat LO Indicator Control Circuit Open
- B1217 DODGE Left Heated Seat LO Indicator Control Circuit Open
- B1217 HYUNDAI Rear Right Sensor Fault
- B1217 JEEP Left Heated Seat LO Indicator Control Circuit Open
- B1217 KIA Rear Right Sensor Fault 📷
- B1217 RAM Left Heated Seat LO Indicator Control Circuit Open