B1216 - Rear Center Right Sensor Fault
B1216 Possible Causes
- Dirty Rear Center Right Sensor
- Faulty Rear Center Right Sensor
- Rear Center Right Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Rear Center Right Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B1216?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1216 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1216 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1216 MeaningRPAS is a Rear Parking Assistant System. It has a supersonic sensor which radiates supersonic to rear side of the vehicle to detect supersonic reflected from an obstacle. It consist of 4 sensor and calculates distances between vehicle and obstacle if it detects reflected supersonic. BCM receive the signal of calculated distances by LIN communication. It warns being obstacle to drivers through buzzer or displaying on cluster according to distance from obstacle. Warning level is divided into 3 step. (warning level rises progressively according to distance from obstacle).
B1216 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1216 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1216 CHRYSLER Left Heated Seat LO Indicator Control Circuit High
- B1216 DODGE Left Heated Seat LO Indicator Control Circuit High
- B1216 HYUNDAI Rear Center Right Sensor Fault
- B1216 JEEP Left Heated Seat LO Indicator Control Circuit High
- B1216 KIA Rear Center Right Sensor Fault
- B1216 RAM Left Heated Seat LO Indicator Control Circuit High