B1209 INFINITI Code - Frontal Collision Detection
|B1209 INFINITI code possible causes
- Faulty Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU)
- Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU) harness is open or shorted
- Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU) circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B1209 INFINITI code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B1209 INFINITI code tech notesAfter a front collision, all the deployed components and the Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU) must need to be replaced. If there is no collision, then the problem is with the Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU)
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1209 INFINITI code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1209 INFINITI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1209 INFINITI code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1209 INFINITI code meaning?Detects component damage resulting from a front collision, blinks or illuminates the air bag warning lamp to
inform the driver. The air bag and seat belt pre-tensioners for driver and front seat passenger are operated by the decision of the Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU) out signal transmitted because of the frontal collision.
The Frontal Collision Detection consists of crash zone sensor, Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU), air bags and seat belt pre-tensioners for driver and front passenger.
|Need more information with the B1209 INFINITI code?Need more information on how to fix the B1209 INFINITI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1209 INFINITI code?Get the B1209 Infiniti code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.