B1207 FORD - Passenger Air Bag Indicator Circuit Shorted Together
B1207 FORD Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Air Bag Indicator Lamp
- Passenger Air Bag Indicator Lamp harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Air Bag Indicator Lamp circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
How is the B1207 FORD code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1207 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1207 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1207 FORD MeaningThe Air Barg Control Unit monitors the Passenger Air Bag circuit. The control unit sets theOBDII code when the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) detects over current on the Passenger Air Bag Driver circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1207 FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B1207 Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.