B1203 FORD - Fuel Sender Circuit Short To Battery
B1203 FORD Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Level Sensor Unit
- Fuel Level Sensor Unit harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Level Sensor Unit circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B1203 FORD code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1203 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1203 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1203 FORD MeaningThe fuel pump module is hardwired to the Instrument Cluster (IC). The fuel level sensor (part of the pump module) is a variable resistor actuated by a float with resistance ranging between 180 ohms ± 4 ohms at empty (E) to 10 ohms ± 2 ohms at full (F). The instrument cluster (IC) provides a reference voltage to the fuel pump module on the input circuit. As the fuel level changes, the fuel level sensor float moves up or down according to the fuel level altering the fuel level signal voltage through the resistor. The instrument cluster (IC) interprets this signal and commands the fuel gauge pointer to sweep to the correct level.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1203 FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B1203 Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.