B11D8 LINCOLN - Restraint Event Notification
B11D8 LINCOLN Possible Causes
- Faulty Restraint Control Module (RCM)
- Restraint Control Module (RCM) harness is open or shorted
- Restraint Control Module (RCM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Fualty Battery Energy Control Module (BECM)
How is the B11D8 LINCOLN code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B11D8:37 Restraint Event Notification Signal Frequency Too High
B11D8:38 Restraint Event Notification Signal Frequency Incorrect
B11D8:11 Restraint Event Notification Circuit Short to Ground
B11D8:15 Restraint Event Notification Circuit Short to Battery or Open
What is the cost to diagnose the B11D8 LINCOLN code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B11D8 LINCOLN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B11D8 LINCOLN MeaningThe Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) monitors the impact notification output from the Restraint Control Module (RCM). The RCM outputs a Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) voltage on the circuit based on status. If the BECM senses the frequency is out of range, will illuminate the powertrain malfunction (wrench) warning indicator and set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B11D8 LINCOLN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B11d8 Lincoln code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.