B1198 Code - Left Side Front Curtain Air Bag Module Open
|B1198 code possible causes
- Faulty Left Side Front Curtain Air Bag Module
- Left Side Front Curtain Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Left Side Front Curtain Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module)
|How is the B1198 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1198 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1198 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1198 code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1198 code meaning?The Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module) monitors the Left Side Front Curtain Air Bag Module. The Air Bag Sensor Unit sets the OBDII code when the circuit for the front Left Side Front Curtain Air Bag Module circuit is open.
|Need more information with the B1198 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1198 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1198 code information for specific makes
|Need help with a B1198 code?Get the B1198 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.