B1188 HONDA - Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With The MICU
B1188 HONDA Possible Causes
- Faulty Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU)
- Faulty Gauge Control Module
- Gauge Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Gauge Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
Cost of diagnosing the B1188 HONDA code
The cost of diagnosing the B1188 HONDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1188 HONDA Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1188 HONDA Meaning
The Gauge Control Module monitors the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU). The Gauge Control Module sets the OBDII code when there is no communication with the MICU (RM Message).