B1188 ACURA - Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With The MICU
B1188 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU)
- Faulty Gauge Control Module
- Gauge Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Gauge Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B1188 ACURA code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1188 ACURA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1188 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1188 ACURA Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1188 ACURA MeaningThe Gauge Control Module monitors the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU). The Gauge Control Module sets the OBDII code when there is no communication with the MICU (RM Message).
B1188 ACURA More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1188 ACURA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals