B1187 SCION - Short To Ground In Passenger Side Air Bag Module Second Stage Squib Circuit
B1187 SCION Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Side Air Bag Second Stage Squib
- Passenger Side Air Bag Second Stage Squib harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Side Air Bag Second Stage Squib circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Sensor Assembly
Cost of diagnosing the B1187 SCION code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1187 SCION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1187 SCION Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1187 SCION MeaningThe Passenger Side Air Bag Second Stage Squib Circuit consists of the Air Bag Sensor Assembly and Passenger Side Air Bag Module. The squib circuit causes the Passenger Side Air Bag to deploy when deployment conditions are satisfied.
B1187 SCION More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1187 SCION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.