B1187 HONDA - Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With The SRS Unit
B1187 HONDA Possible Causes
- Faulty Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Airbag Unit
- Faulty Gauge Control Module
- Gauge Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Gauge Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B1187 HONDA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1187 HONDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1187 HONDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1187 HONDA MeaningThe Gauge Control Module monitors the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Airbag Unit. The Gauge Control Module sets the OBDII code when the SRS Unit communication is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1187 HONDA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals