B1187 ACURA - Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With The SRS Unit
B1187 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Airbag Unit
- Faulty Gauge Control Module
- Gauge Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Gauge Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
Cost of diagnosing the B1187 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the B1187 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1187 ACURA Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1187 ACURA Meaning
The Gauge Control Module monitors the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Airbag Unit. The Gauge Control Module sets the OBDII code when the SRS Unit communication is not to factory specifications.