B1185 - Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner Short
B1185 Possible Causes
- Faulty Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner
- Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner harness is open or shorted
- Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module)
How is the B1185 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1185 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1185 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1185 MeaningThe Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module) monitors the Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner. The Air Bag Sensor Unit sets the OBDII code when the circuits for the front Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner are shorted to each other.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1185 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the B1185 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.