B1184 NISSAN Code - Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner Ground Short
|B1184 NISSAN code possible causes
- Faulty Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner
- Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner harness is open or shorted
- Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module)
|How is the B1184 NISSAN code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1184 NISSAN code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1184 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1184 NISSAN code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1184 NISSAN code meaning?The Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module) monitors the Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner. The Air Bag Sensor Unit sets the OBDII code when the circuit for the front Left Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner is shorted to ground.
|Need more information with the B1184 NISSAN code?Need more information on how to fix the B1184 NISSAN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1184 NISSAN code?Get the B1184 Nissan code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.