B1183 TOYOTA - Driver Side Air Bag Module Second Stage Squib Circuit Short To Battery
B1183 TOYOTA Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Side Air Bag Module Second Stage Squib
- Driver Side Air Bag Module Second Stage Squib harness is open or shorted
- Driver Side Air Bag Module Second Stage Squib circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Sensor Assembly
Cost of diagnosing the B1183 TOYOTA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1183 TOYOTA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1183 TOYOTA Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1183 TOYOTA MeaningThe Driver Side Air Bag Module Second Stage Squib Circuit consists of the Air Bag Sensor Assembly, Spiral Cable and Driver Side Air Bag Module. The squib causes Driver Side Air Bag to deploy when all deployment conditions are satisfied.
B1183 TOYOTA More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1183 TOYOTA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.