B1180 Possible Causes
- Faulty Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner
- Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner harness is open or shorted
- Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module)
First diagnose B1180 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1180 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1180 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1180 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1180 MeaningThe Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module) monitors the Right Side Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner. The Air Bag Sensor Unit sets the OBDII code when the circuits for the front Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner are shorted to each other.
B1180 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1180 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1180 Information for specific makes
- B1180 INFINITI Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner Short
- B1180 LEXUS Short In Driver Side Air Bag Module Second Stage Squib Circuit
- B1180 NISSAN Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner Short
- B1180 SCION Short In Driver Side Air Bag Module Second Stage Squib Circuit
- B1180 TOYOTA Short In Driver Side Air Bag Module Second Stage Squib Circuit
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.