B1179 Code - Latch Motor Circuit Short To Battery
|B1179 code possible causes
- Faulty Latch Motor
- Latch Motor harness is open or shorted
- Latch Motor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Liftgate/Trunk Module (LTM)
|How is the B1179 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1179 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1179 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1179 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B1179 code meaning?The Liftgate/Trunk Module (LTM) monitors the Latch Motor. The LTM sets the OBDII code when a continuous memory and on-demand Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) that sets when the LTM detects a short to voltage on the latch motor circuit(s) for more than 1 second.
|Need more information with the B1179 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1179 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1179 code information for specific makes
- B1179 ACURA Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With Electrical Compass Unit
- B1179 FORD Latch Motor Circuit Short To Battery
- B1179 HONDA Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With Electrical Compass Unit
- B1179 INFINITI Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner Ground Short
- B1179 LINCOLN Latch Motor Circuit Short To Battery
- B1179 MERCURY Latch Motor Circuit Short To Battery
- B1179 NISSAN Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Pre-Tensioner Ground Short