B1178 MAZDA Possible Causes
- Faulty Trunk Lid Latch Switch
- Trunk Lid Latch Switch harness is open or shorted
- Trunk Lid Latch Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Rear Body Control Module (RBCM)
First diagnose B1178 MAZDA code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1178 MAZDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1178 MAZDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1178 MAZDA Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1178 MAZDA MeaningThe Rear Body Control Module (RBCM) monitors the Trunk Lid Latch Switch Circuit. The RBCM sets the OBDII code when the RBCM detects short to ground in Trunk Lid Latch Switch Circuit with the trunk closed
B1178 MAZDA More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1178 MAZDA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals