B1169 Possible Causes
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Faulty Gauge Control Module
- Gauge Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Gauge Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B1169 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1169 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1169 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1169 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1169 MeaningThe Gauge Control Module monitors the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The Gauge Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) communication (A/T Messages) is not to factory specifications.
B1169 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1169 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals