B1168 Code - Left Power Running Board Motor Circuit Short To Ground
|B1168 code possible causes
- Faulty Power Running Board Motor Assembly
- Power Running Board Motor Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Power Running Board Motor Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Power Running Board (PRB) Module
|How is the B1168 code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1168 code
The cost to diagnose the B1168 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1168 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B1168 code meaning?
During Power Running Board (PRB) deployment, the PRB module supplies power to the PRB motor and ground through the circuit. The PRB module stows the PRB by supplying power to the PRB motor and ground through the circuit. The PRB module provides a regulated 10-volt power supply to the Hall-effect sensor (internal to the PRB motor) through the circuit. The Hall-effect ground is provided by the PRB module through the circuit. The PRB module monitors the PRB Hall-effect signal through the circuit. If the PRB module does not receive any signal from the Hall-effect sensor during operation, the PRB will stop. The PRB module sets this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if a short to ground is detected in the motor circuit while attempting to retract/stow the LH running board.
|B1168 code information for specific makes
- B1168 ACURA Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With PCM
- B1168 FORD Left Power Running Board Motor Circuit Short To Ground
- B1168 HONDA Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With PCM
- B1168 LINCOLN Left Power Running Board Motor Circuit Short To Ground
- B1168 MERCURY Left Power Running Board Motor Circuit Short To Ground