B1164 LINCOLN - Power Running Board Hall-Effect Sensor Power Circuit Short To Ground
B1164 LINCOLN Possible Causes
- Faulty Power Running Board Motor Assembly
- Power Running Board Motor Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Power Running Board Motor Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Power Running Board (PRB) Module
Cost of diagnosing the B1164 LINCOLN code
The cost of diagnosing the B1164 LINCOLN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1164 LINCOLN Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1164 LINCOLN Meaning
The Power Running Board (PRB) module provides a regulated 10-volt power supply to the Hall-effect sensor (internal to the PRB motor) through the circuit. The Hall-effect ground is provided by the PRB module through the circuit. The PRB module monitors the PRB Hall-effect signal through the circuit. If the PRB module does not receive any signal from the Hall-effect sensor during operation, the PRB will stop. The PRB module sets this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if it detects the Hall-Effect sensor power circuit is shorted to ground.