B1162 TOYOTA Code - Open In Open In Curtain Shield Squib LH Circuit
|B1162 TOYOTA code possible causes
- Faulty Curtain Shield Airbag Assembly (Left Side) (Curtain Shield Squib LH)
- Curtain Shield Airbag Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Curtain Shield Airbag Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly Center
|How is the B1162 TOYOTA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1162 TOYOTA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1162 TOYOTA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1162 TOYOTA code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1162 TOYOTA code meaning?The Curtain Shield Squib (Left Side) Circuit consists of the Airbag Sensor Assembly Center and the Curtain Shield Airbag Assembly LH. The circuit instructs the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) to deploy when deployment conditions are met. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1162 is recorded when an open circuit is detected in the Curtain Shield Squib LH Circuit.
|Need more information with the B1162 TOYOTA code?Need more information on how to fix the B1162 TOYOTA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1162 TOYOTA code?Get the B1162 Toyota code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.