B1161 LEXUS - Open in Open in Curtain Shield Squib RH Circuit
B1161 LEXUS Possible Causes
- Faulty Curtain Shield Airbag Assembly (Right Side) (Curtain Shield Squib RH)
- Curtain Shield Airbag Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Curtain Shield Airbag Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly Center
Cost of diagnosing the B1161 LEXUS code
The cost of diagnosing the B1161 LEXUS code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1161 LEXUS Possible Symptoms
B1161 LEXUS Meaning
The Curtain Shield Squib (Right Side) Circuit consists of the Airbag Sensor Assembly Center and the Curtain Shield Airbag Assembly RH. The circuit instructs the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) to deploy when deployment conditions are met. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1161 is recorded when an open circuit is detected in the Curtain Shield Squib RH Circuit.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed,
it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Failure to follow this instruction may result in the accidental deployment of these modules, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.