B1161 FORD - Left Rear Anti-Pinch Sensor Circuit Short To Battery or Open
B1161 FORD Possible Causes
- Faulty Left Rear Anti-Pinch Sensor
- Left Rear Anti-Pinch Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Left Rear Anti-Pinch Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Liftgate/Trunk Module (LTM)
First diagnose B1161 FORD code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1161 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1161 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1161 FORD Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1161 FORD MeaningThe Liftgate/Trunk Module (LTM) monitors the Left Rear Anti-Pinch Sensor. The LTM sets the OBDII code when the LTM detects an open or short to voltage from the left pinch strip input circuit.
B1161 FORD More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1161 FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals