B1156 Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Airbag Sensor (Right Side)
- Front Airbag Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Front Airbag Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly
First diagnose B1156 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1156 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1156 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1156 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1156 MeaningThe Front Airbag Sensor (Right Side) circuit consists of the Airbag Sensor Assembly and Front Airbag Sensor RH. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1156 is recorded when a malfunction is detected in the Front Airbag Sensor RH circuit.
B1156 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1156 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1156 Information for specific makes
- B1156 ACURA Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With Combination Switch Control Unit
- B1156 HONDA Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With Combination Switch Control Unit
- B1156 LEXUS Front Airbag Sensor RH Malfunction
- B1156 SCION Front Airbag Sensor RH Malfunction
- B1156 TOYOTA Front Airbag Sensor RH Malfunction
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.