B1155 CADILLAC Code - SDM Calibration Mismatch
|B1155 CADILLAC code possible causes
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
- Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) harness is open or shorted
- Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B1155 CADILLAC code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B1155 CADILLAC code tech notesIf DTCs B1155, B1159, and B1160 are all set, the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) is receiving both incorrect messages.
If DTCs B1155 and B1159 are set, SDM is receiving the wrong message from Standard Body Module (SBM).
If DTCs B1155 and B1160 are set, SDM is receiving the wrong message from Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
If DTC B1159 sets alone, SDM did not receive a message from SBM.
If DTC B1160 sets alone, SDM did not receive a message from PCM.
If DTCs B1159 and B1160 are set without DTC B1155, SDM did not receive messages from SBM or PCM.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1155 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1155 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1155 CADILLAC code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B1155 CADILLAC code meaning?When the ignition switch is turned to RUN position, Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) sends two messages over the class 2 serial data line containing identification information. The first message contains serial data keying information, and the second message contains a partial Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). The Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) compares these messages to the information stored in memory. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1155 sets when either message does not match information stored in SDM. DTC B1155 sets along with DTC B1159 or DTC B1160 depending on the message that does not match. If SDM does not receive the serial data keying message, DTC B1159 will be set without DTC B1155. If SDM does not receive a partial VIN message, DTC B1160 will be set without DTC B1155. Messages are sent only at POWER-ON.
|Need more information with the B1155 CADILLAC code?Need more information on how to fix the B1155 CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1155 CADILLAC code?Get the B1155 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.