B1153 LEXUS - Seat Position Airbag Sensor Circuit Malfunction
B1153 LEXUS Possible Causes
- Faulty Seat Position Airbag Sensor
- Seat Position Airbag Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Seat Position Airbag Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly Center
Cost of diagnosing the B1153 LEXUS code
The cost of diagnosing the B1153 LEXUS code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1153 LEXUS Possible Symptoms
B1153 LEXUS Meaning
The Seat Position Airbag Sensor Circuit consists of the Airbag Sensor Assembly Center and the Seat Position Airbag Sensor. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1153 is recorded when a malfunction is detected in the Seat Position Airbag Sensor Circuit.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed,
it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Failure to follow this instruction may result in the accidental deployment of these modules, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.