B1147 Code - Right Side Curtain Air Bag Module Short
|B1147 code possible causes
- Faulty Right Side Curtain Air Bag Module
- Right Side Curtain Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Right Side Curtain Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B1147 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1147 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1147 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1147 code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1147 code meaning?In case of collision whose acceleration exceeds the specified level, the ignition materials are ignited by the electric ignition system. The system burns and introduces the chemical reaction of gas generating materials to generate hot gases that flow into the air bag through a filter and expand the bag.
The Right Side Curtain Air Bag Module mainly consists of air bag and inflator which inflates the air bag.
|Need more information with the B1147 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1147 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1147 code information for specific makes
- B1147 BUICK Driver Side Air Bag System Malfunction
- B1147 CADILLAC Driver Side Air Bag System Malfunction
- B1147 CHEVROLET Driver Side Air Bag System Malfunction
- B1147 GMC Driver Side Air Bag System Malfunction
- B1147 INFINITI Right Side Curtain Air Bag Module Short
- B1147 NISSAN Right Side Curtain Air Bag Module Short
|Need help with a B1147 code?Get the B1147 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.