B1141 SCION Code - Side Airbag Sensor Assembly Malfunction
|B1141 SCION code possible causes
- Faulty Side Airbag Sensor Assembly (Left Side)
- Side Airbag Sensor Assembly (Left Side) harness is open or shorted
- Side Airbag Sensor Assembly (Left Side) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly Center
|How is the B1141 SCION code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1141 SCION code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1141 SCION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1141 SCION code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1141 SCION code meaning?The Side Airbag Sensor Assembly (Left Side) consists of the safing sensor, diagnosis circuit, and lateral deceleration sensor, etc. It receives signals from the lateral deceleration sensor, judges whether or not the SRS must be activated, and detects a diagnosis system malfunction. DTC B1141 is recorded when the occurrence of a malfunction in the Side Airbag Sensor Assembly (Left Side) is detected.
|Need more information with the B1141 SCION code?Need more information on how to fix the B1141 SCION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1141 SCION code?Get the B1141 Scion code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.