B1140 LEXUS Possible Causes
- Faulty Side Airbag Sensor Assembly (Right Side)
- Side Airbag Sensor Assembly (Right Side) harness is open or shorted
- Side Airbag Sensor Assembly (Right Side) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly Center
How do I fix code B1140 LEXUS
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1140 LEXUS code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1140 LEXUS code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1140 LEXUS Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1140 LEXUS MeaningThe Side Airbag Sensor Assembly (Right Side) consists of the safing sensor, diagnosis circuit, and lateral deceleration sensor, etc. It receives signals from the lateral deceleration sensor, judges whether or not the SRS must be activated, and detects a diagnosis system malfunction. DTC B1140 is recorded when the occurrence of a malfunction in the Side Airbag Sensor Assembly (Right Side) is detected.
B1140 LEXUS More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1140 LEXUS code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.