B1123 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Faulty Restraints Ignition Relay
- Restraints Ignition Relay harness is open or shorted
- Restraints Ignition Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
How do I fix code B1123 MERCURY
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B1123 MERCURY Tech NotesB1123:11 Restraints Ignition Relay: Circuit Short to Ground
B1123:12 Restraints Ignition Relay: Circuit Short to Battery
Cost of diagnosing the B1123 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1123 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1123 MERCURY Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1123 MERCURY MeaningThe Battery Energy Control Module (BECMB) provides battery voltage to the Restraints Control Module (RCM) and, if equipped, Passenger Airbag Deactivation (PAD) indicator (vehicles without center stack display only). The BECMB monitors each circuit for a short to voltage or a short to ground. If a fault is detected, the BECMB stores the appropriate Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) in memory and sends a message to the RCM over HS-CAN1 and HS-CAN2, indicating that a BECMB fault is present.
B1123 MERCURY More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1123 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.