B1123 2004 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER - Occupant Classification System Malfunction
B1123 2004 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Possible Causes
- Occupant classification system
- Airbag sensor assembly center
- Right front seat wire
How is the B1123 2004 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1123 2004 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1123 2004 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The B1123 code is recorder when a malfunction is detected in the occupant classification system.
- Airbag Warning Light ON
B1123 2004 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER MeaningThe occupant classification system circuit consists of the airbag sensor assembly center and the occupant classification system.
If the airbags sensor assy center receives signals from the occupant classification ECU, it determines whether or not the front passenger airbag assy and the front seat airbag assy sight should be operated.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1123 2004 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B1123 2004 Toyota Highlander code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.