B1114 - Right Air Bag Satellite Sensor
B1114 Possible Causes
- Faulty Right Air Bag Satellite Sensor
- Right Air Bag Satellite Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Right Air Bag Satellite Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B1114 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1114 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1114 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1114 MeaningWhen the Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU) define the both signal voltage of the “G” sensor and the Safing sensor to be that of the collision which exceeds the specified level, the driving circuit switches on and feeds the electric ignitor of both the side air bag and curtain air bag.
The Satellite Sensor is an integrated type of the G sensor element for side collision with output terminals for signal voltage.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1114 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the B1114 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.