B10F1 MERCURY - Key In Switch Circuit Open
B10F1 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Faulty Key-in-ignition switch
- Key-in-ignition switch harness is open or shorted
- Key-in-ignition switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
- Faulty Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)
Cost of diagnosing the B10F1 MERCURY code
The cost of diagnosing the B10F1 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B10F1 MERCURY Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B10F1 MERCURY Meaning
The chime can sound all the time as a result of a key-in-ignition warning chime concern or a headlamps on warning chime concern. The OBDII code sets if the Body Control Module (BCM) detects an open on the key-in-ignition switch input circuit or if the BCM detects ignition START, RUN/START or RUN/ACC inputs without the key-in-ignition input.