B10EA MERCURY - Positive Temperature Coefficient Heater Circuit Short
B10EA MERCURY Possible Causes
- Faulty Electric Booster Heater
- Electric Booster Heater harness is open or shorted
- Electric Booster Heater circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
B10EA MERCURY Tech NotesB10EA:12 Positive Temperature Coefficient Heater: Circuit Short To Battery
B10EA:14 Positive Temperature Coefficient Heater: Circuit Short To Ground or Open
Cost of diagnosing the B10EA MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B10EA MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B10EA MERCURY Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B10EA MERCURY MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Electric Booster Heater. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the BCM detects a short to voltage or ground on the heater control circuit.
B10EA MERCURY More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B10EA MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals