B10A2 MERCURY - Crash Input General Failure Information General Signal Failure
B10A2 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
- Restraints Control Module (RCM) harness is open or shorted
- Restraints Control Module (RCM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B10A2 MERCURYCheck the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B10A2 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B10A2 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B10A2 MERCURY MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Restraints Control Module (RCM). The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Restraints Control Module (RCM) is not to factory specifications.
B10A2 MERCURY More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B10A2 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B10a2 Mercury code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.