B1066 Possible Causes
- Faulty Assist Air Bag Module
- Assist Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Assist Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Diagnosis Sensor Unit
First diagnose B1066 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1066 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1066 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1066 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1066 MeaningIn the case of a frontal collision whose acceleration exceeds the specified level, the ignition materials are ignited by the electric ignition system. The system burns and introduces the chemical reaction of gas generating materials to generate hot gases that flow into the air bag through a filter and expand the bag.
The front passenger air bag module mainly consists of air bag and inflator which inflates the air bag.
B1066 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1066 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1066 Information for specific makes
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.