B1060 INFINITI Possible Causes
- Faulty Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module)
- Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module) harness is open or shorted
- Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module) circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B1060 INFINITI code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1060 INFINITI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1060 INFINITI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1060 INFINITI Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1060 INFINITI MeaningDetects the whole SRS electrical system and displays the malfunction either by illuminating or blinking the airbag warning lamp in the combination meter. Malfunctioning part can be detected by the on-board self-diagnosis system. It detects a shock that exceeds specified level and monitors such systems as the driver and passenger airbag, side airbag, curtain airbag, pre-tensioner seat belts and Occupant Classification System (OCS) operate properly. It contains the G sensors for both frontal and side collisions and spare battery function in case of main battery damage in the collision. The OBDII code sets when the airbag diagnosis sensor unit is out of order or mismatch
B1060 INFINITI More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1060 INFINITI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.