B1055 Code - Driver Air Bag Module Short
|B1055 code possible causes
- Faulty Driver Air Bag
- Faulty Spiral Cable
- Driver Air Bag harness is shorted
- Driver Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B1055 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1055 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1055 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the B1055 code detected?Driver air bag module circuit is shorted to a power supply circuit (including the spiral cable).
|What are B1055 code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1055 code meaning?The driver air bag module is dual stage and wired to the air bag diagnosis sensor unit through the spiral cable. The air bag diagnosis sensor unit will monitor for opens and shorts in detected lines to the driver air bag module including the spiral cable. In case of frontal collision whose acceleration exceeds the specified level, the ignition materials are ignited by the electric ignition system. The system burns and introduces the chemical reaction of gas generating materials to generate hot gases that flow into the air bag through a filter and expand the bag.
|Need more information with the B1055 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1055 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1055 code information for specific makes
- B1055 ACURA Relay Control Module Lost Communication With MICU
- B1055 BUICK Audio Output 4 Right Rear Circuit
- B1055 CADILLAC Audio Output 4 Right Rear Circuit
- B1055 CHEVROLET Audio Output 4 Right Rear Circuit
- B1055 GMC Audio Output 4 Right Rear Circuit
- B1055 HONDA Relay Control Module Lost Communication With MICU
- B1055 INFINITI Driver Air Bag Module Short
- B1055 NISSAN Driver Air Bag Module Short
|Need help with a B1055 code?Get the B1055 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.