B1050 NISSAN Code - Driver Air Bag Module Short
|B1050 NISSAN code possible causes
- Faulty Driver Air Bag
- Faulty Spiral Cable
- Driver Air Bag harness is shorted
- Driver Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B1050 NISSAN code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B1050 NISSAN code tech notesFactory Service Manual Repair Order:
1. Visually check the wiring harness connection.
2. Replace the harness if it has visible damage.
3. Replace the driver air bag module.
4. Replace the spiral cable.
5. Replace the air bag diagnosis sensor unit.
6. Replace the related harness.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1050 NISSAN code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1050 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the B1050 NISSAN code detected?Driver air bag module circuit is shorted to a power supply circuit (including the spiral cable).
|What are B1050 NISSAN code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1050 NISSAN code meaning?The driver air bag module is dual stage and wired to the air bag diagnosis sensor unit through the spiral cable. The air bag diagnosis sensor unit will monitor for opens and shorts in detected lines to the driver air bag module including the spiral cable. In case of frontal collision whose acceleration exceeds the specified level, the ignition materials are ignited by the electric ignition system. The system burns and introduces the chemical reaction of gas generating materials to generate hot gases that flow into the air bag through a filter and expand the bag.
|Need more information with the B1050 NISSAN code?Need more information on how to fix the B1050 NISSAN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1050 NISSAN code information for specific Nissan models
|Need help with a B1050 NISSAN code?Get the B1050 Nissan code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.