B1049 NISSAN Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Air Bag
- Faulty Spiral Cable
- Driver Air Bag harness is open
- Driver Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
B1049 NISSAN Tech NotesFactory Service Manual Repair Order:
1. Visually check the wiring harness connection.
2. Replace the harness if it has visible damage.
3. Replace the driver air bag module.
4. Replace the spiral cable.
5. Replace the air bag diagnosis sensor unit.
6. Replace the related harness.
Cost of diagnosing the B1049 NISSAN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1049 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the B1049 NISSAN code detected?Driver air bag module circuit is open (including the spiral cable).
B1049 NISSAN Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1049 NISSAN MeaningThe driver air bag module is dual stage and wired to the air bag diagnosis sensor unit through the spiral cable. The air bag diagnosis sensor unit will monitor for opens and shorts in detected lines to the driver air bag module including the spiral cable. In case of frontal collision whose acceleration exceeds the specified level, the ignition materials are ignited by the electric ignition system. The system burns and introduces the chemical reaction of gas generating materials to generate hot gases that flow into the air bag through a filter and expand the bag.
B1049 NISSAN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1049 NISSAN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1049 NISSAN Information for specific Nissan models
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.