B103C FORD - Thermoelectric Driver Open Load
B103C FORD Possible Causes
- Faulty Thermo-Electric Device (TED) Assembly
- Thermo-Electric Device (TED) Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Thermo-Electric Device (TED) Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Dual Climate Controlled Seat Module (DCSM)
Cost of diagnosing the B103C FORD code
The cost of diagnosing the B103C FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B103C FORD Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B103C FORD Meaning
The seat cushion and backrest are equipped with a Thermo-Electric Device (TED) Assembly that includes a seat blower (fan motor, serviced as an assembly with the TED). If the Dual Climate Controlled Seat Module (DCSM) detects an open circuit or high TED resistance, the following Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set: DTC B103C (Thermoelectric Driver Open Load) - If DCSM outputs to the driver seat backrest or cushion TED or any components within these circuit loops are open, disconnected or a TED resistance greater than 90, 000 ohms is sensed, the DCSM continues normal operation and sets this DTC.