B1023 NISSAN Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger A/B Indicator
- Passenger A/B Indicator harness is open or shorted
- Passenger A/B Indicator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Diagnosis Sensor Unit
First diagnose B1023 NISSAN code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1023 NISSAN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1023 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1023 NISSAN Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1023 NISSAN MeaningThe Passenger A/B Indicator Suppresses the deployment of passenger air bag when the condition of the passenger seat is empty or child and child-seat. And turns on the passenger air bag indicator (cut-off telltale) lamp when the condition of passenger seat is child-seat and child. In case of malfunction, the blinking of the SRS air bag warning lamp reports the malfunction to the driver and by the on board self-diagnosis system.
The Passenger A/B Indicator turns on passenger air bag indicator (cut-off telltale) when the passenger seat is empty or occupied by childseat and child.
B1023 NISSAN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1023 NISSAN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.