B1021 INFINITI Code - Occupant Sensor Control Unit
|B1021 INFINITI code possible causes
- Faulty Occupant Sensor Control Unit
- Occupant Sensor Control Unit harness is open or shorted
- Occupant Sensor Control Unit circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Diagnosis Sensor Unit
|How is the B1021 INFINITI code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1021 INFINITI code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1021 INFINITI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1021 INFINITI code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1021 INFINITI code meaning?The Occupant Sensor Control Unit suppresses the deployment of passenger air bag when the condition of the passenger seat is empty or child and child-seat. And turns on the cut-off telltale lamp when the condition of the passenger seat is child-seat and child. In the case of malfunction, the blinking of the SRS air bag warning lamp reports the malfunction to the driver and by the on board self-diagnosis system. This Occupant Sensor Control Unit classifies occupant in the passenger seat and detects electrical malfunctions in Occupant Classification System, and transmits malfunction information to air bag control unit.
It is integrated into the seat sensor mat and detects the occupants with Occupant Classification System (OCS) control unit that classifies the occupants.
|Need more information with the B1021 INFINITI code?Need more information on how to fix the B1021 INFINITI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1021 INFINITI code?Get the B1021 Infiniti code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.