B1018 NISSAN Possible Causes
- Faulty Occupant Sensor
- Occupant Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Occupant Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B1018 NISSAN code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1018 NISSAN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1018 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1018 NISSAN Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1018 NISSAN MeaningThe Occupant Sensor suppresses the deployment of passenger air bag when the condition of the passenger seat is empty or child and child-seat. And turns on the cut-off telltale lamp when the condition of the passenger seat is child-seat and child. In the case of malfunction, the blinking of the SRS air bag warning lamp reports the malfunction to the driver and by the on board self-diagnosis system.
The Occupant Sensor unit classifies occupant in the passenger seat and transmits it to Occupant Classification System (OCS) control unit.
Plural Occupant Sensors are installed in the sensor mat to prevent incorrect sensing induced by the sitting position.
B1018 NISSAN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1018 NISSAN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.