B1010 Nissan Possible Causes
- Faulty Diagnosis Sensor Unit
- Diagnosis Sensor Unit harness is open or shorted
- Diagnosis Sensor Unit circuit poor electrical connection
Cost of diagnosing the B1010 Nissan code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1010 Nissan code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1010 Nissan Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1010 Nissan MeaningThe Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit detects the whole SRS electrical system and displays the malfunction either by illuminating or blinking the air bag warning lamp in the combination meter. The Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit detects a shock that exceeds specified level and watches such systems as the driver and passenger air bag, side air bag, curtain air bag, pre-tensioner seat belts and Occupant Classification System (OCS) operate properly.
The Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit contains the “G” sensors for both frontal and side collisions and spare battery function in case of main battery damaged in a collision.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.