B1001 CADILLAC Code - SDM Option Configuration Error
|B1001 CADILLAC code possible causes
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
- Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) harness is open or shorted
- Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B1001 CADILLAC code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B1001 CADILLAC code tech notesB1001 00 Option Configuration Error
B1001 45 Option Configuration Error Variant Not Programmed
B1001 46 Option Configuration Error
B1001 4B Option Configuration Error Calibration Not Learned
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1001 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1001 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1001 CADILLAC code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1001 CADILLAC code meaning?The Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) stores the vehicles restraint ID from the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and the last 4 digits of the SDM part number. When the ignition is turned ON, the SDM compares this information to the information stored in the Body Control Module (BCM) over the General Motors Local Area Network (GMLAN) communication circuit. If there is a mismatch between the information stored in the SDM and BCM, DTC B1001 will set.
|Need more information with the B1001 CADILLAC code?Need more information on how to fix the B1001 CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1001 CADILLAC code?Get the B1001 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.