B0985 - Right Headlamp Light Distribution Shutter Control Circuit Malfunction
B0985 Possible Causes
- Faulty Right Headlamp Assembly
- Right Headlamp Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Right Headlamp Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B0985 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B0985 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0985 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0985 MeaningBattery positive voltage is applied to the headlamp control module at all times. The headlamp control module has a normal operational voltage range of about 12.5-16 V and is only fully functional with the ignition switch is in the RUN position and the headlamp switch in the AUTO position. The communications enable signal from the Body Control Module (BCM) wakes the headlamp control module microprocessor. The headlamp control module receives serial data messages from the Engine Control Module (ECM), Transmission Control Module (TCM), Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM), and BCM with information regarding power mode, speed, steering angle, transmission gear selection, and headlamp switch status. The headlamp control module calculates the headlamp angle and sends commands to the left and right adaptive forward lighting system headlamp actuators. The headlamp actuators drive the headlamps to the position commanded by the headlamp control module. The headlamp control module monitors the headlamp actuator motor control circuits for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. If a malfunction is detected, a DTC will be stored in memory and the driver will be notified with a message displayed over the driver information center located on the instrument cluster.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0985 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B0985 BUICK Right Headlamp Light Distribution Shutter Control Circuit Malfunction
- B0985 CADILLAC Right Headlamp Light Distribution Shutter Control Circuit Malfunction
- B0985 CHEVROLET Right Headlamp Light Distribution Shutter Control Circuit Malfunction
- B0985 GMC Right Headlamp Light Distribution Shutter Control Circuit Malfunction