B0936 Possible Causes
- Low Coolant Level
- Faulty Low Coolant Switch
- Coolant Low Switch harness is open or shorted
- Coolant Low Switch circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B0936 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B0936 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0936 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0936 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0936 MeaningThe P0936 Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the ignition switch is in RUN position and coolant level is low. No voltage on the wire between Body Control Module (BCM) and low Coolant Switch for more than 30 seconds.
B0936 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0936 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B0936 Information for specific makes
- B0936 BUICK Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- B0936 CADILLAC Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- B0936 CHEVROLET Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- B0936 GMC Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- B0936 PONTIAC Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- B0936 SATURN Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction